Our Wire EDM (a.k.a. electric discharge machining or electronic discharge machining) capabilities allows us to cut hard materials and with multi axis. We can also cut very complex parts. Bringing together these skills along with the ability to process micro parts makes our contract manufacturing company well suited for the Medical Device market.
The Wire EDM parts can be manufactured essentially stress free, which permits for unique shapes of parts to be controlled more accurately and yields a more repeatable process. This ability affords our customers greater flexibility to do or try different designs they might not have had using other suppliers without Wire EDM capabilities.
- Complex shapes that would otherwise be difficult to produce with conventional cutting tools
- Extremely hard material to very close tolerances
- Very small work pieces where conventional cutting tools may damage the part from excess cutting tool pressure
- There is no direct contact between tool and work piece. Therefore delicate sections and weak materials can be machined without any distortion
- A good surface finish can be obtained
- Very fine holes can be easily drilled